Brakes are to your car what an anchor is to ships. It gives the driver complete control of his vehicle and when you are out driving on highways, congested roads or assorted terrains, it’s vital to be in control.
When you drive your car into Mission Car Care at Clay Road, Katy, Tx for brake service, our expert team of ASE certified mechanics will check the brake pedal, hydraulic brake fluid, brake master cylinder, power brake booster, drum brakes, disc brakes and electronic anti-lock brake sensors.
We like to share our indepth knowledge of brakes with our clients so we always tell them to look out for a few tell-tale warning signs which should have them rushing into Mission Car Care for brake service and repair.
You know you need brake repair when:
- The brake dashboard light glows amber. This shows a problem with the anti-lock brake system (ABS)
- The brake dashboard light is red, pointing to a system imbalance
- The brake pedal pulsates as you moderately apply the brakes.
- The brake pedal requires excessive force to apply the brakes.
- The brake pedal goes to the floor with little resistance.
- You hear grinding or squealing noises during braking
- The brakes emit a burning smell when you stop.
- The travel distance is more than usual or close to half the distance to stop when you engage the brakes.
The vehicle pulls to one side as the brakes are applied.